Monday, February 23, 2009

Potty Training Reward

We have been enduring potty training. JD went a week without any accidents. So, we took him up to Strasburg, PA to the railroad station to see the train. He was so excited to be there! We made it a weekend, staying in Lancaster, PA. We went to the Amish community to visit their farmers market, bake shops, and the best restaurant ever Good N' Plenty. That place has the best food ever. We did get some snow one morning and it was a very cold weekend, but we had so much fun on our little vacation!

Here comes the train!

JD was very excited to ride the train

JD and Reed before getting on

My cute little guy

The engine switching

JD and Me

This was JDs reaction when the ride was over. He just had so much fun!

8 comments:

The White Clan said...

YAY for JD, or should I say mini Reed!!! And yay for you too! It is a tough battle, trust me I know all about it!

Beth Olsen said...

What a big boy! It looks like you guys had a fun weekend! I'm jealous, I LOVE Lancaster! JD's getting so big, chelle!

Dane and Alicia said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could have rode a train when I finished my potty training. All I got was a stinking happy meal. LOL

*Karleena* said...

I've missed out so much on your blog lately!! I really enjoyed seeing all your adventures! I have a nephew (in NJ) who is obsessed with trains!! So I can totally understand JD's train thing! What a great potty training reward! Next time you're in StG - make sure you go see my dad's "train room" (addition built onto their garage...way cool)! JD would love it! Anywho...thanks for your sweet comments on my blog - and I'm sorry I hardly ever comment on your's!! I'm glad to see your cute little family is doing well!

Hannah said...

It seems there are always tears when the fun has to end! Sometimes I forget how hard it must be to be 3 years old!!! He's such a big boy!

*Karleena* said...

hey! thanks for the comment on my cake! I sure hope the real cake turns out how she wants it! Too bad I can't just use styrofoam cake circles!

The Sorensons said...

Wow! JD looks so big!!! Congrats on the potty training. Alli just got potty trained as well and we're so glad to have that behind us! We really miss you guys! I hope you're enjoying your new ward.

Erica said...

Oh, I don't look forward to potty training. Maybe I'll wait until Noah is 4?? Glad you're have such success, JD is so super cute! Miss you guys at church