Friday, September 24, 2010

First Day of School.

Okay, so I know that I am really slacking and just have not been on top of the whole blogging thing lately. I apologize, I am going to try being better at it, but I make no promises. On August 30, 2010, my baby boy (who is now 5) entered into the world of Kindergarten! Now, I have to admit that the week before I was very emotional, having panic attacks, and crying whenever I was alone at the thought of him entering into the world without me by his side. All I want to do it protect him from the world and make sure he is safe. But, he was very ready to go to school.

On the morning of, JD was very excited about getting to school. He was excited about his new folder and tote box that he he was able to take. Once at the school, which is just a walk of ten minutes away, JD saw many of his friends from his primary class that were also in his school class. Playing on the playground was so much fun. Once the bell rang, and Mrs. Bailey gave out instructions to the kids, JD gave me his big cheesy smile that he is famous for, waved, and yelled, "By Mommy!" And without looking back, he walked into his classroom.

I admit that I got teary eyed seeing my first child walking away, but at the same time I knew that he was where he was suppose to be and that he would thrive. And he has been. He loves going to school, his classmates, his teacher, and all that he is learning. He is such a smart cookie, and I just love him to death!

First Day of School

Waiting in line

Now we get homework brought home!

2 comments:

Mariesa M. said...

He is like a little mini Reed. That's soo great that he was ready for school and wasn't all clingy. It's crazy to think that we are old enough to have kids going to school. Didn't we just graduate yesterday? :-)

Hannah said...

He looks so grown up! What a sweetheart.